Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about store functionality, including how to create proposals, templates, and orders please see Navigating the Store .
What is the Apple Store for Resellers?
- The Apple Store for Resellers is an online store with a specialized selection of Apple and third-party products for our partners to purchase for resale.
Who can place orders on the Apple Store for Resellers?
- Resellers with a valid contract may use the store, but they must first register for an Apple Store for Resellers ID.
There are three types of registered IDs: Proposer, Purchaser, and Indirect Proposer*.
- A Proposer may generate an order proposal, but may not purchase.
- A Purchaser may generate an order proposal, and is also granted the ability to execute a purchase.
- An Indirect Proposer may generate an order proposal to a Distributor.
*Please note not all roles are available in all regions.
What should I do if I get an “Oops” message or encounter problems while trying to view the store?
- If an “Oops” message is encountered, or you cannot view a product while browsing the store, try clearing your browser’s cache and re-entering the store.
- If clearing your browser’s cache still brings you to an “Oops” message or error, we may be updating our systems or products and will be back live shortly.
- You may also Contact Us for assistance.
Templates & Proposals
For information on how to create Templates and Proposals, please see Navigating the StoreHow long do my Proposals stay on the store?
- Proposals remain available on the store for 240 days (8 months).
How long do my Templates stay on the store?
- Templates remain on the store indefinitely, so long as they are not deleted by the user.
How can I view Proposals or Templates?
- To view Proposals or Templates, simply click the “Proposals” or “Templates” link on the Homepage of the store.
Can I add more than one Proposal to a cart?
- No. Only one Proposal may be added to a cart at a time, and in order to convert a Proposal to an order, your cart must be empty. However, you may edit your cart once a Proposal has been added.
Can I add the contents of more than one Template to a cart?
- Yes. You may add products from one or more Templates to build a cart; once added, you may create a new Proposal, Template, or order.
Products & Pricing
What products will appear on my store?
- Partners will be able to view or purchase products from the Apple Store for Resellers based on their current contract with Apple.
Why can't I see certain products on my store?
- Only products that a partner is authorised to purchase, per their customer contract, will be visible on the store.
What happens when a product reaches End of Life?
- Products that reach End of Life are no longer available for purchase.
What happens when a product I have saved in a Template reaches End of Life?
- When items from a Template are added to the cart, any products that have reached End of Life will show as no longer available in the cart. You may select an alternative product and save as a new Template or update the existing Template.
Why do I have to order certain products in specific quantities?
- You may be required to order some products in specific quantities to optimize delivery efficiency.
What pricing will appear?
- Pricing on the Apple Store for Resellers is based on each partner’s individual contract with Apple.
What happens if the price of an item in my Proposal changes?
- If you have placed an item in a Proposal, and the price of that item changes before the Proposal is converted into an order, the updated price is shown the next time you log in, view the proposal, and add the item to your cart. You will not receive a specific notification that any prices have changed.
How can I check the status of an order?
- To check the status of an order, click the “Order Status” link on your Homepage. You can search by order number, PO number, or creation date.
Orders & Shipping
Can I cancel or change an order for a Configure-to-Order (CTO) product once the order has been placed?
- Once a CTO product has been ordered, you may not cancel or change the order.
How can I indicate which address to which I would like my order to be shipped?
- During the checkout process, you will see a drop-down menu labeled “Ship To,” which you can use to select an authorised shipping option.
Can I expedite the shipping on my order?
- Expedited shipping is available to U.S. and Canadian customers where supported. If expedited shipping applies to your order, the shipping method options will be displayed on the cart page for selection, if desired. Additional charges will apply.
How does Apple safeguard my personal information?
How do I reprint an invoice?
- Click the invoice hyperlink in order status to download. There is no restriction to the number of invoices you can download. Please note, there may be a limit on the maximum number of files that can be opened simultaneously.
Who should I contact if I am unable to reprint an invoice?
- Not all invoices are available for download or reprint. If you need a copy of an invoice that is not available online, please contact us.
Does Apple offer alternatives to paper invoicing?
- Yes. To learn more about your invoicing options, please contact us.
Return RequestsWho can request returns on the Apple Store?
*Please note not all roles are available in all regions.
- Partners with a valid Apple contract and access to the store can request returns online
- There are 3 roles that support return requests: Purchaser, Registered or Extended Proposer, or Returns Specialist.
- Your return request remains displayed online for up to 8 months.
How can I check the status of my return request?
- From your home page, please click on Return Requests. You can search using the Return Request number provided in the return request acknowledgement email.
Where can I find a serial number that I want to return?
- From your order status, please click on the required order. There will be a link associated to your part number called "serial numbers". Check which item you wish to return then click return. Next, select which serial number you wish to return and click on add to return. This will bring you to the return request page.
Where can I find my template?
- From the "Create Return Request" page, you can choose to upload a template with multiple items. Access the template from the homepage. Click on Return Requests, then click on the Create Return Request button. Click on the "Download Template Here" hyperlink to access the template. The supported file format is .xlsx. You may be asked to download a plugin to your current Excel version in order to maintain and save the file.
How do I request a return of Apple product?
- You may request a return online by clicking on the Request Returns link on the homepage. Return requests can aslo be initiated from the Order Status page when viewing a specific order.
Can I add more than one item to my return request?
- There are three ways to add item(s) to a return request.
- From the "Create return page" there is an option to add items manually. This includes an option to "add 5 more rows" which can be used multiple times.
- From the "Create Return Request page", you can choose to upload a template with multiple items. Access the template from the homepage. Click on Return Requests, then click on the Create Return Request button. Click on the "Download Template Here" hyperlink to access the template. The supported file format is .xlsx. You may be asked to download a plugin to your current Excel version in order to maintain and save the file.
- From the Order status page - identify the original shipped order and from the order details page select the item(s) you wish to return and select "Returns"
What document types are supported for return request uploads?
- The supported file format for Return Request uploads is Excel Workbook (.xlsx). If you are using an older version of Microsoft Office, you can download the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack to upgrade the supported file formats from the Microsoft Download Center.
How can I edit or delete an item from my return request?
- Items may be edited or deleted prior to submitting your return request by clicking on the trash icon at the right of each product line. Please contact Apple regarding any changes required after submission.
How can I check the status of my return?
- To check the status of a return, click the “Order Status” link on your Homepage and select "Return" as your order type. There are several search options available for selection. You may also view the status of the RMA via the return request link, locating and clicking on the corresponding return request.
Can I cancel or change a return request once it is submitted?
- Once a return request has been submitted, it can not be cancelled online. Please contact Apple regarding any changes needed after submission.
Which file types and sizes are supported as an attachment to a return request?
- Up to five files can be attached to a single request. Files 2MB or less are supported for the following document types: Pages, MS Word doc, docx, RTF, TXT, PDF, PNG, TIFF, MS Excel .xls, xlsx Files > 2MB- up to 10MB are supported for the following document types: JPEG, JPG, GIF, and BMP.
How do I search Order Status for a Credit or Debit Memo request?
- If you would like to search by a specific Credit or Debit Memo number via the Order Status page, simply enter the specific document number you would like to view into the Order Number field.
How do I add AppleCare Auto-enroll to my return request?
- If your return request includes a Mac, iOS device or display, a search for a related AppleCare Auto-enroll product will be performed using the serial number provided.
- If an active AppleCare Auto-enroll is found, it will be added to your RMA and viewable on the return via the Order Status page.
How do I obtain a Case ID?
- A Case ID is required when Education, Enterprise or Government Institution customers request product return because it is believed to be Defective or Dead on Arrival. Please contact AppleCare to determine if the unit needs to be returned. If so, they will assign you a Case ID to be referenced on your request for return.
When should I select Carrier Error as the reason for return when creating a return request?
- Select "Carrier Error" as the reason for return to request return of product mis-delivered or damaged in transit by the Logistics carrier.